Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

Halloween is one of those holidays that I absolutely loved as a child but somehow forget to plan for as an adult. I just couldn't make up my mind on what Fiona should go as - so at the last minute I bought a t-shirt from Target and sewed a little rag skirt onto the bottom. Functional, easy, cute...and most importantly did not involve anything on her head.

We had a great time at our friend Oscar's party - he was one of our most favorite characters, the caterpillar from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

After the party we returned home expecting trick-o-treaters, but had none. Fiona was thrilled to find that the bowl of KitKats was still full, and now every time we walk past the counter she points and says "Um um um!" I have never seen a toddler devour chocolate so quickly.

And now its time to plan for the rest of the holidays...Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and all of the birthdays in between. If you're on my Christmas list...and you know who you are...your deadline for gift requests is Thanksgiving. Just FYI.

1 comment:

WondersofMyWorld said...

She is so cute! I picked Ryan's costume based on nothing being on the head also :)