Saturday, October 17, 2009

Out of Town, Part 1

Phew, I've finally gotten a chance to write. I feel like I haven't been home in forever!

Starting last Thursday Will, Fiona, and I traveled from NC to Alabama to see Will's grandmother "Mamaw." The last time we had seen Mamaw was when I was 7 months pregnant, so it was past-due time to introduce her to Fiona.
Before traveling to see Mamaw, I had been warned by Lea (Will's sister) that Mamaw would try to fatten us up. And trust me, I know a thing or two about the Southern hospitality of feeding people...but I have never been offered so much food in all my life! As soon as we arrived, she gave us hugs and kisses, and then coffee, cereal, orange juice, and sausage-egg-biscuits (in that order). When breakfast was done, she said "Now I've got a roast with vegetables, cornbread, salad, and potatoes for lunch." Not to mention the sweet-potato pies, and two cakes she had baked previous to our arrival...YUM! I am all about home-cookin' so I was thrilled to be in Mamaw cooking heaven. Thanks Mamaw!

Mamaw is also an avid quilter and I was able to secure some fabulous tips on putting together my quilt-tops. Fiona also decided to take up quilting and borrowed one of Mamaw's hand-quilted baskets to study.

The weather was incredible while we were in Alabama. Fiona definately enjoyed playing some soccer with Dada.


We also got to visit with Will's Uncle Ed and Aunt Ruby while in Alabama. Fiona just thought Uncle Ed was a hoot and would just chuckle when he played hide & seek games under the tablecloth at dinner.

However, the trip had to come to a close, and we headed back home on Sunday. On the way home we stopped at a grocery store to give Fiona's behind a break from the carseat...so she decided to help me do some impromptu shopping.



And once back to home sweet home we repacked the car on Sunday night and headed to Bald Head Island on Monday. I'll write all about that adventure and post pictures soon.












2 comments:

Sara said...

Zane was doing the same thing the other day when we were at carters! He was getting tired of the stroller, so let him help me push it around the store. :)

Mama Goose said...

Wow, that sounds like some good food!